Last Updated: October 14, 2022
The Midwest Alliance for Clean Hydrogen, LLC, and its members (hereinafter referred to collectively as “MachH2,” “us,” “we,” or “our”), are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of the users of our website(s) and our products and services (collectively, “Services”). In light of this commitment, we adhere to the practices provided below.
Collecting and using personal information
Through your use of our Site, we may collect Personal Information (“PI”), which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. PI may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, business address, email address, and telephone number. We may also combine the PI that we collect on our Site with information we collect about you offline.
We collect the following types of information:
PI Provided by You
We collect PI from you when you use our Site. While we do not require you to provide PI in order to navigate our Site. If you choose to use our Site, we may also collect PI when you provide us with PI in any correspondence, including any of your questions, comments, or suggestions submitted through our Site or if you fill out a survey or the contact us form.
When you voluntarily provide us with a cell phone number on our Site, you are giving us express written consent to use that number for the purpose indicated. You may revoke this consent at any time by any reasonable method. Your consent to be contacted by us is not required in order to use our site.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored within your computer’s or mobile device’s memory by a website through your browser. Cookies enable a website such as ours to keep track of your activities on that website, and to improve your use of the website, such as by keeping track of your preferences.
You can change your browser settings on your personal computer or mobile device so that cookies are not stored. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but you may not have access to some of our Site’s functions and your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity, or improve Site security, assess the performance of our Site, and deliver content to you based on your interests on our Site and third-party websites.
Third-Party Data Collection
One third-party service we use is Google Analytics, which is a service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our Site and may share this data with other Google services. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices by visiting their website at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How We Use and Share Information
We use the PI we collect in the following ways:
- To Provide Services: We use PI that we collect in order to provide any information that you may request.
- Communicate: We use PI to communicate with you about our Site. We may also use your PI to send you communications that we believe will be of interest to you.
You should note that MachH2 may use other electronic media for communications (such as social media), which may have their own separate privacy policies that govern the privacy of information that is shared or collected through your use of them.
- Customer Support: We may use your PI to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need certain information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about our Site or Services.
- To Improve Our Services: We may use your PI for statistical analyses, generating surveys, and doing market research in order to improve our Services. We may use information collected on our Site to personalize your experience on our Site.
- Site Maintenance: We analyze how our users interact with our Site in order to maintain and improve our Site. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Site.
- Legitimate Business Purposes: We may use your PI for any other business purpose we deem legitimate, as permitted by applicable law.
We reserve the right to share information with third parties, as described below:
- Mach H2 Alliance Members or other Service Providers: We may share information with Mach H2 alliance members or other service providers that (i) help us perform Site functions and process your transactions, or (ii) provide services to us for legitimate business purposes, as permitted by applicable law. This information sharing is subject to a confidentiality agreement protecting that information.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- For Legal Purposes: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to or in compliance with court or regulatory agency orders, legal proceedings, or legal process; to exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may request your permission to share your PI for a specific purpose not described above. In such case, we will notify you and request consent before you provide the PI or before the PI you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
Data Storage and Security
The security of your PI is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your PI. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PI, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You should exercise discretion in what information you send to us by email. We cannot guarantee that email sent over the Internet is secure and will not be intercepted by others before it reaches us. We are not responsible for the security of information contained in emails sent over the Internet.
MachH2 shall retain your PI until the purpose of collecting/retaining such data has been satisfied. If you subsequently agree to a new or additional purpose, your PI may be retained for that.
Our Site is intended to provide general information about MachH2 and our Services. We will not knowingly collect PI from children under 13 years of age, nor will we knowingly allow children under 13 years of age to use certain features of our Site without the consent of a child’s parent or guardian. We will not knowingly disclose PI collected from children. If we become aware that a child under 13 years of age has provided us with PI, we take immediate steps to delete such PI.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Do Not Track
Our Site is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals sent by browsers.
Disclosure to Government
We reserve the right to monitor and disclose, without your consent, any communications or PI, whenever requested to do so by courts, government agencies, or by law enforcement authorities.
We do not sell the PI of California residents.